Many Natural Minerals talc plastics customers have used our talc products for over 25 years. These talcs provide very effective lower cost options where high purity talc of lower brightness can be used. The automotive plastic industry, the wood composite industry, the recycle plastic for lawn furniture, and railroad ties industries are examples of existing and new customers who are using more cost effective talcs.
Talc is widely used in the plastics industry as an inexpensive functional filler and it adds desirable traits to various plastic products.
- Talc improves the tensile strength and dimensional stability of all types of plastics.
- Talc improves the thermal and electrical resistance of plastic products.
- Talc is chemically inert and improves the chemical resistance of the plastic.
- Talc reduces the abrasiveness for handling and lowers the cutting costs in production.
- Talc improves the UV resistance and increases outdoor life in many plastics.
- Talc reduces the weight of plastic when compared with limestone fillers.
David J. Schnoor – Business Manager
P.O. Box 4768
El Paso, TX 79914
915-887-0436 – Fax
Pick Up Address
EXIT 129 Off Interstate 10
S. Garren Road
Van Horn, TX 79855